Our Advocacy and Advice team are able to deal with many issues facing clients who need help with challenging situations.
COVID-19: The advocacy service is currently operating differently due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Our advocacy adviser is currently available on Tuesdays and Thursdays for remote appointments over the phone. If you wish to make an appointment, please call our office landline on 01708 397484, or mobile on 07367 335970. Our adviser will then get back to you during their available hours to arrange a remote meeting.
It is usually necessary to make an appointment to meet with an Advocate who will assess your need and offer the appropriate help and signposting. We are able to offer help in a number of situations and will also signpost to other professional specialist services in Havering and Barking & Dagenham.
The service is totally free and confidential.
We are able to help with:
- Completing your Benefit forms
- Challenging DWP decisions
- Preparing and attending tribunals at Capability Assessments
- Benefit checks
- Attending work capability assessments
The team also offers advice on :
- CV writing and job applications
- Getting you back to work/interview support
- Housing options
- Assisted referrals for specialist housing