Volunteers are the life blood of foodbanks. Your skills could be just what we need.
Volunteers are the driving force behind foodbanks. There are thousands of volunteers across the UK, helping The Trussell Trust Foodbank Network get emergency food to people in crisis. We want you to enjoy volunteering and there are lots of ways to get involved. Whatever role you choose, you will make a real difference to the life of someone in crisis.
Volunteering with Rainham Foodbank- We need you!
At Rainham Foodbank, we believe that volunteers are the greatest asset in any organisation and are priceless. We value our volunteers for their selfless support and dedication. Our people can take advantage of our extensive friendly, lovely, and conducive environment with great team spirit to unlock their hidden potentials through various Foodbank activities and our More than Food projects.
We are always looking for passionate people to volunteer with us to develop and deploy simple solutions for our users’ complex life issues. And we need your ideas to continue to feed and resource the community.
Some of the key reasons to volunteer with us include:
- Make a difference in your community. Do something rewarding and challenging and make an impact on the resilience and poverty in your area
- An opportunity to build new skills and develop existing skills and knowledge, which is valuable for future work
- Opportunities to help, be a driver, pick up deliveries, gather and analyse data and organise the warehouse
- Distribute kindness, make new friends, feel valued and part of a team and gain confidence and build self-esteem by socialising
- Feel involved and connected with your community
- Volunteer discounts on holidays and retail
- It’s not just what you can do for us, it’s what we can do for you!
If you are interested in volunteering, please click here and search for roles within 0 miles of Rainham Greater London to view our current vacancies and apply. We’d love to hear from you!
Support our community this winter by donating to Rainham Food Bank at your local Tesco store
As food banks brace themselves for their toughest winter yet, with over a million emergency food parcels expected to be distributed between December and February, Rainham Food Bank is urging shoppers to donate to this year’s Tesco Winter Food Collection.
From Thursday 30 November to Saturday 2 December, customers at Tesco, Bridge Rd, Rainham or Tesco, Airfield Way, Hornchurch will be encouraged to pick up an extra item or two as part of their weekly shop to drop in special donation trollies on the way out of store.
The need for donations is greater than ever with food banks in the Trussell Trust network expected to distribute an emergency food parcel every 8 seconds this winter as many people struggle to afford essential items.
Anyone who makes a donation at the Tesco Winter Collection, will be helping ensure that Rainham Food Bank can support people in the local community who cannot afford the essentials this winter.
Volunteers are needed for those 3 days. Contact Julia or Yolene on 01708397484 or 0736733970 if you are interested.